Heart Topped Box

Stamp-n-Design have a FREE TEMPLATE CHALLENGE on at the moment. A big thank you to Danielle Daws for sending me the link, as she knows that I've been having fun making some gift boxes lately. Lynn Pratt's blog is full of great 3D papercraft ideas and beautiful cards, so take some time to check it out!


Here's P.B Pibbs holding my version of the Heart Topped Box


This is Lynn's box before she decorated it.


Priceless Bella Rose Heart Topped Box

My box is made from Textured Pink Pirouette cardstock, decorated with Bella Rose DSP and finished off with some embellishments, along with the Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon.


Back view

A little white button from Button Latte sits at the back, next to the heart that I punched out using the Heart to Heart Punch. This heart was punched from a white embossed image of the heart from the Always Stamp Set.


Front View

I made a button heart using a chipboard piece from the 'On Board So Tweet' Collection, covered it with PP coloured, Bella Rose DSP, coated it with Crystal Effects and used the Crop-a-dile to punch two holes in it. I then threaded some taffeta ribbon through the holes to complete the button.


Top View

The Baroque Border standard wheel was rolled onto the top and around the edges of the box. A lacy edging around the top was made with the Eyelet Border Punch.

I did have other embellishments on the box and a tag, but it just didn't look right, so I had to minimise and remove them very carefully.

I didn't even attempt to line up the wheel so the pattern on the Baroque Border matched and was surprised to see in the photos that it did!! What a fluke!

This was certainly fun to make and will be a great little gift for a Hostess around Valentine's Day. Thanks Lynn, for the challenge. This will probably be my last challenge for a few days as I have a few things happening at the moment that I need time to prepare for, namely the Sale-a-bration Blog Hop on the 25th January and another exciting event that is unfolding shortly after that. More details later! Not to mention, we're off on a beach holiday soon to a fairly remote part of Tassie, with no Internet access. GASP!!!!!! Will I survive?

Until next time, happy browsing ...
Bronwyn

Comments

Mae Collins said…
Love the box - great valentine's gift! Will go check out the blog link you gave too. Enjoy the break away and time with family as it is always good to let them know that your hobbies don't come before them, even though at times it might seem like so! Chance for you to recharge those batteries and let nature provide inspiration for when you are back on board. Have fun!
Lynn Pratt said…
Thanks for playing along, I love your box design!
Unknown said…
Your box is very pretty...love how you decorated front and back, great idea.
Susan Joyce said…
Nice use of the template, very cute.
AJ said…
This is beautiful!! Oooh! I love it!!
Danielle Daws said…
So gorgeous! I love all the embellishments. I've just gotten back online after a forced break because we moved house. I don't know what's scarier - that I was in serious withdrawal after only 4 days without access, or that everything has moved on so quickly???