Just Add Ink - Challenge # 4 - Colour

JAI Colour Challenge



It's time for another challenge at Just Add Ink. I'm really enjoying participating in each one as a member of the Design Team. This week's colour challenge is really 'yummy' so get that mojo happening and let's see what you can create!!

My picture was made using the 1 3/8 " Square Punch, lots of different accessories, techniques, cardstock, DSP and other punches. It was inspired by an example I found in a 2008, Fall/Winter SU American Idea Book and Catalog (p. 161). My upline, has made something like this and I have been itching to give it a go! Thanks Amanda for the inspiration!!!!

It was really easy to make and it would be great to take to to a workshop, as it displays quite a variety of products, in fact way too many to put in this post! I think I'd go nuts!!! However, if you want any more info, please don't hesitate to drop me an email.



The Gorgeous Colour Palette


I covered the chipboard frame ( purchased from a Craft shop's bargain bin!) with the beautiful Kraft coloured DSP from the Bella Bleu pack. I used Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive (great for chipboard). All the individual squares are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Here's a closer peek -


I chose my all time favourite, most used and loved stamp set, Pocket Silhouettes, for the overall 'theme'.


Well, I hope that has provided you with a little inspiration. If you make one for yourself, please drop me an email with photo attachment or a link to your blog. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Happy crafting. Enjoy the weekend.
Bronwyn

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just love this....I think I will have a go at something like it one day. Your right - what a great way to showcase products in a workshop. The colours here are just so fantastic. Chantell
Tui Nathan said…
Hi Bronwyn, I love what you have done here ... sooo very effective, clean and simple ... I agree it is a terrific way to showcase numerous products ... yet it doesn't look too busy ... thank you for the inspiration!!!
Tania Gould said…
OMG I LOOOOVVVEEEE THIS!!!! Perfect Bronwyn!!!!
Completely amazing Bron!!! I so love Amanda's and now that you've done it I MUST give it a go sometime soon!!
SO pretty!!!
Hugs SHarnee :0)
Paula Dobson said…
Wow, Bron - this is a masterpiece! great use of products and techniques.
Unknown said…
Wow, this is beautiful, you are so clever. TFS
Caroline said…
Bronwyn - this is fabulous! Probably the best I have seen this year!! Can't wait to CASE it!
Tessa Wise said…
This is just perfect! What a perfect way to show off sooo many cute things! You did a great job with it- the eye travels just right over the entire canvas. I love it!
Christine Blain said…
Bron, this is almost too beautiful for words - it blows me away!! Love everything about it. You've done a fantastic job with the balance and design of the entire piece, and it is a feast for the eyes!!
Louise F NZ said…
This is lovely, very cool that every square is different technique or embellishment.
Anonymous said…
I love this card and I like all the different embellishments you used. I also love the colours and dsp as well. I have Bella Bleu DSP and when I tried to use it for the challenge it didnt really work for me. The way you used the DSP it really frames the embellishments.
Anonymous said…
I am in total love with this. You are so talented. I love everything about it!!
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Adams said…
I love what you've done with this frame and squares - I've been meaning to give this a try too, but never got round to it! Now I just have to! No excuses. Thanks heaps for the inspiration!!
Jenny in Aus
Nerida said…
Great idea to use up all your little bits of DSP, ribbon, embellishments and brads. Would make a lovely gift too.