Color Throwdown #124

Color Throwdown #124


This is the first time I have played along with the Color Throwdown. I was initially attracted to the beautiful colour combo especially because I could get to use some retired Soft Sky and matching DSP from my stash (It was my favourite in-colour when I joined SU). It also had Early Espresso (my current favourite colour) and the beautiful Melon Mambo! I couldn't resist.

Then I read on to discover that this week's challenge was for such a lovely cause. In addition to entering the colour challenge, participants have the wonderful opportunity to send their entry off to a fellow stamping enthusiast named Katie. Katie is undergoing treatment for stage 4 gastric cancer and could do with a bit of cheering up. So this card will soon be winging its way to the USA to hopefully help put a smile on Katie's face while she undergoes treatment.


The Lovely Colour Palette



Stamp Set: Bliss (SAB)


PS: Thanks so much to the Color Throwdown Team for choosng this card as a 'Real Stand Out'. I LOVED playing around with the colour palette!

Thanks for stopping by,


Comments

Sandra said…
Stunning card Bronwyn! And such a wonderful cause. I'm sure Katie will love it.
Jodene said…
Wow Bron, this is a STUNNING card!!
Kristi said…
this card is absolutely lovely!
Patrice said…
Wonderful Bron. I was reading Katie's blog earlier today and came across the Colour Throwdown with the added 'cause' and decided to do it myself.

Love your card!
Broni said…
What a beautiful card this is!! Thank you so much for joining us in wishing Katie well this week at the Color Throwdown!
Debi said…
Lovely card- lovely cause x
Tandra said…
Just gorgeous! I love using this set! This is my fave SAB set. Your colors are awesome!!!
Tania Gould said…
WOW I really love this card Bronwyn!!!! I so need that stamp!
Beautiful ... simply beautiful, Bronwyn! And ... thanks for highlighting this "cause". I hope to join in. Hugs xxaxx
Judy May said…
This is gorgeous Bronwyn. Love the colours and the layout. I'm sure it will be appreciated.
Ravengirl said…
How beautiful! Your card design is fabulous!
Janine said…
What a beautiful card. First visit to your blog and I love some of the cards in the header.
Anonymous said…
This is gorgeous. Love the colour combo and the butterfly just pops off the page. :)
Susan Wong said…
Beautiful card! Love the way you've stamped so successfully on the textured card.