A Doily Easel Card for JAI 81


Doily Easel Card - Colour Challenge - JAI 81

If you don't mind me saying, I'm super pleased with this colour combo that I chose for Just Add Ink's 81st Challenge. The colours are really pretty together.



Stamp Set - Creative Elements
(Release date - September 1st)

I decided to go all 'girly' and use a Doily Die that I had bought at a Craft Fair earlier this year. I attempted to make an easel card using the die but the pattern was too intricate for two thicknesses of card stock so I attached two separate doilies to a Very Vanilla Circle Easel Card base.


I layered the flowers and butterfly and popped a dimensional in between each layer.




Project Recipe for Doily Easel Card -

Stamp Sets: Creative Elements, Just Believe (sentiment)
Ink: Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue, Cajun Craze
Accessories: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Basic Jewels - Pearls, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Victoria Crochet Trim, Peach Parfait 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Little Leaves Sizzlits Die
Non-SU: Doily Die



I hope the colours inspire you to join in with this week's challenge at Just Add Ink. The Design Team's examples are just gorgeous, as always, so hop on over and check out all the loveliness and link up your own entry.

Comments

walchowDesign said…
Wow! Love the lacey doily effect on this easel card! Love the all the details!
Unknown said…
This card is gorgeous!!! And breath taking!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #30 with a link back to your blog on 8-21-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com
Tui Nathan said…
Wow .... Bron, this is so so lovely, how gorgeous is that doily die ... love everything you have done here, the flowers are gorgeous, the lace trim, the pearls .... Just Beautiful!!!
Christine Blain said…
That's some impressive fussy-cutting, Bron! What a beautiful card; a gorgeous work of art. You're right - these colours look fabulous together.
Leigh said…
Wow, absolutely stunning card!!!! Love it.
Jean McKenzie said…
Beautiful card Bronwyn!! I have that doiley die on my long wish list and I just love how you have used it here! The stamp set you used is gorgeous too and your colours are so pretty!
Anonymous said…
Sooo gorgeous! love the stamping and what can I say..I want that die!!!
Wow Bronwyn, this truly is a WOW card!
The doilies and flowers look so beautiful together.
Love it!
KimB said…
Wow how gorgeously decorative is this Bron!! Love all the layered flowers - divine effect, and that die - well I'm speechless!
Kim xxx
Debi said…
this is just soooo pretty Bron - debi x
Patrice said…
You've made this colour combo look so easy. Your card is divine, such gorgeous details - love the way you've tied your ribbon and lace together.

x
Leonie said…
Ohhhh, I never use cajan craze, it looks lovely in this colour combo!!
Nikki Spencer said…
As usual Bron, "Easel perfection",
beautifully done..l looove it!!
I am stunned. How is it you continue to find new and sensational ways to do your world famous easel cards? I am in awe, Bronwyn! Hugs xxaxx