JAI Favourites - a Trip Down Memory Lane

After nearly 2 years as a Design Team Member for Just Add Ink, I've decided to 'call it a day'. I'm excited about what 2012 will bring but the decision did not come without shedding a tear or two as I compiled this post for today.

I have had the most wonderful privilege of working with an amazing and talented team of girls over that time and many of them will remain good friends long into the future.

Thank you Danielle and Amanda, for inviting me onto your brand new DT for what was then, the only challenge site that had an entire team of SU Demonstrators from Australia and New Zealand. I was thrilled to be a part of the excitement from the beginning.

Then from March through to July of this year, Delys and I co-hosted Just Add Ink and it was a steep learning curve for me but so rewarding. I had fun putting some sketches together, writing posts and being a lot more involved in implementing some ideas for challenges etc. From August onwards, I've remained in the background helping out when I could and still submitting some DT work.

To close this little chapter in my life, I've decided to share some of my favourite submissions for JAI -

JAI 1 - Colour Challenge
This was my very first submission and it matched the colour theme of the JAI Blog.


JAI 96 - Just Add Tania
This was the very last JAI challenge I did as a DT Member - very fitting as Tania is also leaving the team today.


JAI 17 - Just Add a Technique
This card was made for our very first team blog hop. We all chose different techniques and wrote a tutorial on our individual blogs. I did one for paper beads and faux silk.


JAI 30 - Just Add Wheels
I was enormously proud to be part of this fantastic fund raiser to help little Hudson get his own set of 'wheels'. On the Helping Hudson web site I contributed the only tutorial I had written at that stage - my Candy Cane Mouse Punch Art.


The following are just some of my personal favourites -

JAI 4 - Colour Challenge


JAI 6 - Sketch Challenge


JAI 13 - Colour Challenge


JAI 27 - Sketch Challenge


JAI 35 - Just Add Sympathy


JAI 43 - Just Add Christmas


JAI 54 - Colour Challenge


JAI 59 - Sketch Challenge


JAI 65 - Just Add Friendship/Mateship for Anzac Day


JAI 69 - Just Add Fussy Cutting


JAI 70 - Sketch Challenge


JAI 72 - Just Add Some Colouring In


JAI 80 - Sketch Challenge


JAI 81 - Colour Challenge


JAI 94 - Sketch Challenge


Without a doubt, meeting the other team members at Convention and Regionals was the absolute highlight of being on the DT -

Sydney Convention 2010
I got to meet Delys and Sarah and the three of us formed the JAI contingent.


Melbourne Convention 2011


By the time the next year rocked around, Delys and I were the co-hosts of JAI and there were 9 in the team that met up in Melbourne and boy did we have a blast!


The last get together was at Tassie Regionals where I got to meet Kathy for the first time. Thanks, ladies, for your wonderful friendship which will definitely continue beyond the confines of JAI. There are some girls, I never got to meet but after spending so much time chatting on-line, we've become great friends and I hope to catch up with all of you someday.


Lastly, here's a little summary of what were the most popular posts that I did for JAI, according to my traffic feed and the number of views -

My Top Two addINKtive designs Blog Posts for JAI
JAI 57 - Colour Challenge


JAI 92 - Just Add a Tag or a Bookmark



My Top Two Splitcoast Posts for JAI
JAI 39 - Just Add Blue for Beyond Blue


JAI 24 - Sketch Challenge


Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me.

Comments

Christine Blain said…
Well, Bron, it would be very easy for me to post a very gushy comment here, but I will try not to. You are one talented woman, and have such a beautiful nature to boot. I feel privileged to have formed a friendship with you through JAI, and I know it will continue well into the future. I've loved this trip down memory lane, although it has brought a tear to my eye! Thinking of you, as you face a new year full of new challenges - can't wait to see what they are! Merry Christmas, sweet lady xx
Tui Nathan said…
Oh my ... what a trip down memory lane that was ... I enjoyed viewing all of your fabulous creations and you will be sorely missed! A sad moment, but also an exciting time for you to grow and flourish!
I wish you all the very best for 2012 and may you be blessed with every success and true happiness!
And, a Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
Jenny Hayward said…
These are all just gorgeous Bronwyn!

All the best for 2012. I know you will still be churning out some stunning creations.

Love Jenny x
Anonymous said…
Hi Bronwyn, I've never left a comment on your blog before, but often look and am always inspired. Wishing you a relaxed Christmas and look forward to your new creations in 2012. Helen Cooke
Tina said…
I'm sad that you're leaving the JAI team. Your signature easel cards inspired me to make some too. I'm so thrilled you included a reference to Hudson in your post. I still think of the amazing generosity of the SU world when I see him in his Kid Walk. All the best for the future xox
Ruthy said…
Hi Broni
Its been so nice to meet you in real life and I've only begun my time with JAI, I wish you all the best in your future ventures and hope that one day I might even catch up in your lovely state, Have a Happy New Year

Ruthy xo